Follow the steps below to configure Microsoft Outlook 2013 for your email hosting
- Start up Microsoft Outlook 2013. It will provide a "Welcome to Outlook 2013" message. Click the Next button.
- The next screen will ask "Do you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account?" choose Yes and click the Next button
- On the Auto Account Setup menu, select the option for Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next
- On the Choose Service menu, click the POP or IMAP option then click the Next button. You will see the POP and IMAP Account Settings menu, fill in the fields.
Option Description Your Name Enter the name you want people you email to see, such as Adamu Chioma Email Address Enter your full email address, such as [email protected] Account Type Choose if you want to use POP or IMAP. By default, POP downloads and removes your emails from the server, while IMAP leaves them on the server. In our tests, we are setting up a POP account. Incoming mail server Standard settings: imap.domain.com OR pop.domain.com (Replace domain.com with your actual domain) Outgoing mail server (SMTP) Standard settings: smtp.domain.com (Replace domain.com with your actual domain) User Name Enter your full email address, such as [email protected] Password Enter the password you for this email address. Remember password If you will like Outlook to save your password, you can check this box. Require login using (SPA) Do not check this box.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Next button, Outlook will test the account settings.
- You will see two tasks: Log onto incoming mail server, and, Send test e-mail message. When they are complete, Close button.
- You will see a message stating “You’re all set!” click the Finish button.